For immediate release:
The Verdict is in! Positive Reviews and High Attendance Reported from the 2011 Digital Signage Investor Conference
Impactful speakers, forward-thinking investment insight, and top networking opportunities for one of the most valuable DOOH conferences of the year
New York, NY, October 27, 2011—Covering revenue models, exit strategies, financing, fundraising and metrics, the 2011 Digital Signage Investor Conference was the place to be to learn how to attain a profitable future in the digital out-of-home (DOOH) space. enVu—the leading out-of-home (OOH) interactive media company—was there to share in the action.
Kicking off the conference, co-chairs Adrian J. Cotterill, Editor-in-Chief at the DailyDOOH and Steve Nesbit, Managing Director at Prestonwood Train Holdings LLC delivered the opening comments.
The event also featured a session, “Creating a Profitable Business via Subscription, Merchandising and Ad-Based Models,” which was named a success by show attendees. The panel included Benjamin Mathieu, CEO of enVu, who shared his checklist of key factors needed to successfully build a DOOH media company.
Key Takeaways from the Presentation:
- Select a partner who understands your business and has aligned interest.
- Remember that the “4-pillars” (sales, operation and content, administration and asset management) must be the four core competences controlled internally.
- Use existing technologies in the production stage, thus limiting innovation to the testing stage.
- Manage return-on-investment (ROI) for each of your assets individually.
- Remember that research is an ongoing effort and not just necessary in the beginning.
- Prove your business model first, and then expand the scale of the project.
In addition, the Digital Signage Investment Conference also addressed current challenges that the DOOH industry faces, including integrating the latest social media and mobile technologies into the environment.
“The Digital Signage Investment Conference, in my opinion, is the major event of the next three to five years where true leaders in the DOOH space will emerge,” said Benjamin Mathieu, enVu CEO. “As discussions evolve into media and business model efficiencies, enVu will maintain a key role within the industry by helping agencies maximize their DOOH investments.”
enVu, a wholly-owned subsidiary of STRATACACHE, is an industry-leading media company based in New York City. Leveraging interactivity, mobile applications and social media networks in digital out-of-home (DOOH), enVu provides advertisers and brands with immersive experiences to target audiences, engage consumers and influence purchase decisions. enVu’s target is to reach five billion annual viewers in the top 20 designated market areas (DMAs) by 2013.